Saturday, May 5, 2007

Pyramid Brewery

Pyramid Alehouse,
Brewery & Restaurant
1029 K Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Telephone: (916) 498-9800

We were planning to go to 58 degree, but our plans changed and we ended up going here for a more casual evening. We walk walked from the K Street Mall after watching ,"Fracture" (it was pretty, blah) to the pub. I swear I have never noticed how run down this part of the city was and the high concentration of homeless and kids just running around rampant. There were six cop cars I counted on our 10 minute walk.

I do not know about you, but all the kids at the mall look like punks and out of shape, without a care in the world. I think Sacramento is still tying to find its identity;urban, capital, small town, comfort, hip hop, art friendly, organic, flood prone, green, rich, poor, etc are adjectives that can all describe Sacramento. This is an exciting time.

Back to the food.

We had the calamari and a thing crust sausage, pepperoni and mushroom pizza.

I had Mac’s Blackwatch Cream Porter, I love the heavier, beefier, full bodied beers and this was just perfect for me, a lot like Guinness in flavor, but not as heavy.

Amber Weizen: Pretty good, like a Killian's Red.

The food was nothing special, but the beer was good. But it is the food that counts and I give it a 10 for average.