Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monterey Trip Part I: Hula's

We started off the day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Here are some pics:






Then we headed over to Hula's for lunch.

Hula's
622 Lighthouse Ave
Monterey, CA 93940 (831) 655-4852
www.hulastiki.com

I had been to Hawaii and was hoping to catch some of the island flavors here. We had:


Island Style Poke: Fresh Island Catch Marinated In Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Seaweed And Onions.The lunch portion was huge about 14 oz of fish cut up in one-inch cubes. I ordered this raw and it had pretty good flavor.

Abalone-Style Calamari Sandwhich: This was another huge portion of seafood that was OK. There was not enough flavor to cover the large pieces of calamari.


The Hula Burger: With Maui Onions, Hula Sauce, Lettuce And TomatoYour standard burger not too memorable.

Fresh Catch Of The Day: Mahi-Mahi with a sauce.

I would give Hula's a 10/20 = Average. I would or would not eat here again. It would depend on my company.