Sunday, August 26, 2007

Amarin Thai Cuisine

Amarin Thai Cuisine
6608 Folsom Auburn Rd Ste 9
Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 988-8581


Tom Yum Kai Soup
Spicy eggplant
Spicy green curry with chicken


I have been here 3 or 4 times and the food is pretty consistent. As you can see we ordered the Tom Yum Kai with Chicken soup, spicy eggplant and green curry with chicken. The Tom Yum soup had a alot of flavor to it with just enough sourness (from the lemon grass?) to contrast with the slight saltiness and complement the chicken.


The next thing I tried was the spicy eggplant. Frying eggplant is not my favorite way to prepare it but my partner in crime wanted it. It was OK, I like the texture of the tofu where it is firm on the outside and soft on the inside when fried. It is kind of like a steak.


The green chicken with curry was next. My friend cannot handle any heat so we requested it mild. After the first bite, I noticed it was sweeter that usual. My guess is that they added more coconut milk to cut the heat. C'est la vie. Generally the curry is pretty good.


Then as we were waiting for the check I tried the candy for dessert (Kopiko). I was like WHOA! It was literally like a shot of brandy with coffee. It was very intense, but after the intial shock it was good.

Overall I would give this place a 13/20 = Good. I would recommend eating here. I would say it is probably just as good as many other Thai places I have eaten at.



Amarin Thai Cuisine on Urbanspoon