Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Campton Place

Campton Place: Lunch

We had two courses plus dessert:

Wine:
Cabernet Sauvignon: Chateau la Cardonne, Cru Bourgeois, Médoc, Bordeaux, France, 1998

Entrees:
Duck Confit with Date-Orange Chutney and Mixed Greens
The duck was perfectly cooked and the chutney added just enough sweetness to bring this dish together.

Soup of Garden Peas with Maine Lobster Broth and Mint

Pea soup eh? My gosh how can something so simple be so great. I guess "less is more" the texture was silky smooth and the broth added enough contrast of flavor to bring out the flavor of the soup.

Amuse-bouche : Yeah. I love freebies
Vichyssoise soup with caviar. I have always wanted to see what this classic dish was like. Wow. free caviar how can you beat that?

Black Angus Beef Tenderloin with Bone-marrow Crust alla Primavera

O.M.G. This was best piece of beef I have ever had in my entire life. Believe you me, I am from Chicago where beef abounds as do steakhouses. This was it though.

Glazed Pojarsky of Milk-Fed Veal with Asparagus

OK, I struck out with this choice, I had no idea what pojarsky was. This was very OK. Veal is usually to light in flavor for me.

Dessert

Quark Soufflé with Balsamico-Cherriesand Mascarpone-Amarena Ice Cream

Wonderfully light and the ice cream, mmhmm. My heart started to slow as I ate the ice cream. So rich.

Food rating: 18/20

Campton Place on Urbanspoon