Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lime Tree, San Francisco

Lime Tree
450 Irving Street
San Francisco, CA, 94122
(415)665-1415
http://www.limetreesf.com/






These are the dishes we had:
Chicken Satay: grilled skewered chicken marinated in Lime Tree's special sauce served with fresh vegetablesThese were tender and tasty, albeit a tad undercooked. I got mild case of food poisoning from this. C'est la vie.
  • Pork Spareribs in Tangy Soy-Vinegar Sauce served on a bed of spinach with jasmine rice. The pork spareribs were braised until they fell off the bone. Soy-vinegar sauce? That sounds like my country's adobo. It was good though. The spinach I could have done without. The vinegar made it too sour.
  • Singaporean Curry Noodle glass noodles with shredded chicken in our special curry sauce.
  • My friend is from Singapore and she said it tasted like nothing she ever had back home. I thought it was OK. The flavor was kind of even, nothing standing out.
  • My impression 11/20 = average. I may or may not dine here again.